Quilt lesson

I made more hot tamales this morning but instead of masa I tried old fashioned cornmeal, the Turley way.  They actually turned out better than the masa ones we made earlier, except for a few or quite a few lumps in the cornmeal.  I went to Mother’s after I got the tamale mess cleaned up.  I took her a nice sampling of fresh fruit, the retirement home she is in thinks that fruit is out of a can, yuck canned fruit cocktail.  I wish they would serve a higher quality of food for the residents but enough of that soapbox rant. Mother helped me reconstruct Mommy Ashley’s blanket from when she was very young. It was so cute, somebody had hand embroidered blocks with different baby animals and then sewn them onto a red background. The backing of Raggedy Anne and Andy had long since ripped down the middle so Ashley simply used it like a sleeping bag, perfect!  Mother and I put a new backing on it, a red and black plaid that baby Harrison’s room is decorated with.  I was happy with the outcome, I hope Mommy Ashley will be too.  We had dinner with Kevin and Anne at TeePee again, even though it is a 45 minute drive into Phoenix, it’s still our first choice, and it always good to see the both of them.  Off to Kitty’s house tomorrow for lunch with Kitty, Marilyn and me.  It seems like we can always entertain ourselves for 3, 4 or 5 hours at a time…it’s a good thing as Martha Stewart says!

Mommy Ashley’s childhood quilt.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tour of the Battleship Wisconsin

Patch Day

Ruff Ruff day on the ocean