Half a boat washing

 Sunday.  Boat washing day or more exactly, half a boat washing day.  We started on the flybridge, oh my goodness, the greasy dirt was everywhere, not to mention all the dead bugs.  Then we did the bow, same story. I got sidetracked and decided to wash the shade coverings for all the windows.  I took them down on the dock, laid them out and started scrubbing.  First I started with just boat soap water, that was useless. I thought I would try Dawn dish soap, much better.  I used the brush like a mop and worked them over.  The last product was just simple green to try and remove some of the black marks from the “the old owner never changed the windshield wipers”, and they were old and had started melting, leaving bad black marks all over.  The simple green worked a little bit but by then David had washed the front of the boat and was running out of steam, as was I.  With that, we decided not to take the boat out, there is just too much stuff everywhere and still no place to put it, plus the wind started to blow. It wasn’t meant to be.  We’ll finish the boat washing in the morning, it’s the dirtiest half, the spider and fly spots are everywhere and once you get them off you have to go back to remove the stains that were left.  Eric, the boat guy should be here first thing to start working on the stabilizers.  This is going to be job from Hell, glad I’m just writing the check.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patch Day

Tour of the Battleship Wisconsin

Ruff Ruff day on the ocean