Sparkly clean boat

 Today was finish washing the boat day.  We scrubbed the hull to get all the grime and fly spots off. That only took 45 minutes.  I decided the covers for the cap rails looked pretty bad too so I threw those down on the dock and scrubbed them too.  Next, I had to finish washing the shade screens for all the windows.  Then I decided the boat looked pretty good except the decks were getting dirty so I used the hose to wash down all the nonskid and then I decided it looked pretty good.  It’s hard not to get sidetracked when you see another project that needs attention only this time I’d run out of steam.  We cleaned up all our buckets and brushes mess and it was close enough to lunch time.  I fell asleep on the settee (sofa) promptly after that.  After a 90 minute nap we got cleaned up and I pulled out my sewing machine.  I fixed a shirt, made a tablecloth and then tackled a fabric box to put on the shelf  beside the bed to hide stuff in so it doesn’t look so cluttered.  We had dinner with Linda and Bob off Wicked Cool up at the marina restaurant. My seafood boil was good, the flies were instantly attracted to my plate.  I ate quickly before they could eat my food right off the plate. The flies especially enjoyed the corn. It’s cooler today, 84 and 62% and now the night is so nice, a breeze of cool air felt good.  We sat outside on the seat in front of the pilot house and got out David’s iPad to see what stars we were looking at.  Venus was the brightest, Antares was bright too! And now the day has come and gone. 

Dinner , the flies favorite!

Washing the window screens.  All the rail covers are done and hanging out to drip.

David hosing off the bugs and suds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patch Day

Tour of the Battleship Wisconsin

Ruff Ruff day on the ocean