So many ships

 We were up at 5am to make sure we hit the correct tides for our trip to Cape May, NJ. We left the dock at 6:15 only to be hailed by the C &D Canal operator telling us the canal was closed due to fog.  She would let us know when it was safe to try again.  Since it was so early, the water so calm and no wind….David handed me the yacht controller and said it was a good day for me to dock the boat.  YEEHAW!  He stood with me and guided me in my first docking lesson.  I must say, it was quite successful, thanks to David’s calm instructions.  We waited for 2 hours, we were told it was safe to go down the canal.  I took the boat off the dock too.  I am anxious to get that skill under my belt, you never know when it might be necessary to run the boat that way.  There were so many boats today on the water, boats of every kind and size.  There are probably too many boat pics again.  David got us into a very tight slip here at South Jersey Marina in Cape May, NJ. Two Selene owners have already stopped by to chat.  We’ll be spending a few days here waiting for Hurricane Ida to finally fizzle out.  It is trashing New Orleans as I type.  Today we went 68 miles, 9 hours to Cape May NJ. It was cooler weather and comfortable seas.

Jake and Harrison.

The marina last night all lit up.

 Nuclear power plant in New Jersey.

Our boat goes 7.5 knots.  The 3 extra knots are from going with the currents.

The fish were boiling all around us.  I would love to know who was trying to eat who.

This may be the vid that shows the color of the water, yuck.

Boats passing us, I think.

2cargo ships passing in the channel. Yikes!

Another boat.

And another boat.

And yet another boat.

The gross color of the water.

Homes along the canal.


A swing bridge that no longer works, pretty tight getting through.

More cargo ships.  There was a steady stream of them all day.

A lighthouse out in the middle of the water.

Cargo ship.

Cargo ship of a different kind.

A well deserved nap.

Cargo ship.

Cargo ship.
These things are huge!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tour of the Battleship Wisconsin

Patch Day

Ruff Ruff day on the ocean