Lobstering

 David and Kirk decided to go lobstering yesterday. They had gone to the dive store a few days ago and bought all the necessities.  We put the dinghy in the water, all the gear was loaded and off they went...to the gas dock.  Then they went looking for  rocks and tall grasses to find the lobsters in hiding.  I sat out on the back deck and read a book, a breeze was blowing and it was  almost cool, the weather I mean.  It was a moment of "Boatland dreams come true".  The back deck was the number one requirement for our boat to have and two engines. Well, we got the back deck (but only 1 engine) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The weather is not normally condusive to reading a book on the back deck, it was heavenly.  But back to the lobsters.  After about 3 hours I got a text message showing me the 3 lobsters that had been caught.  Then I heard the putt putt of the dinghy motor.  I helped them unload and hose off everything. Next they needed to umm, take the tails off.  I brought them in to wash them off and put them on ice. After a quick trip to the pool we came back and started dinner.  We put a steak and one tail on the BBQ, the other tails I steamed on the stove.  I had made some butter biscuits, Kirk brought a salad and dinner was delicious!

  Off they go

  What's left of surf and turf

  Ready for the grill

  3 lobsters in the drink cooler

  Leaving the boat


  They were pretty darn tasty. Talk about fresh!!


  Kirk


  David

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tour of the Battleship Wisconsin

Patch Day

You haven’t been around until you run aground!