Team Kruft/Amster, winning!

 Lobsters 0, Team Kruft/Amster 8. Since the last day of lobster season is in 2 days, we decided to give lobstering another go.  We came home with 8.  The boys caught lots more than that but they were too small so back they went into the drink. I floated around looking for conch shells in the sandy bottom.  We were only in 4' of water, it was 76 degrees and felt wonderful.  I'd watch the boys spot a lobster, then they would dive down and their swim fins would start flopping around on the surface as they fought to stay under the water and try to net the lobster.  It was downright comical, I sat in the dinghy and belly laughed, all by myself!  This morning before we left the boat, I called the Cuban restaurant and made reservations and also preordered Paella for 3.  We got there at 6 pm and our food was delivered at 6:15, perfect!  We were so hungry we dove in and then I remembered I should have taken a pic.  Well, it was good!  It had lots of shrimp, chicken, grouper and pork in it, there was enough to feed 8 people.  We took turns carrying the 8x12 foil container of leftovers home, it was still hot and heavy too.  

Yesterday, Kirk took us out on Rodeo to go fishing for Wahoo, Ono if you are in Hawaii.  It was a little rougher than the weatherman predicted.  I tried using both of my seasick watches and didn't know the batteries were dead on both.  Kirk was kind enough to turn around and cut our trip short.  Kirk's boat is very different than ours.  His boat is powerful!!  You can feel those big 'ol engines rumbling


   You can see the antennae of the spiny lobster




  On Rodeo, a Viking 52

  Sunrise yesterday

  A Tall ship.  They had to have a dinghy assist them in turning so they could dock.  Now we have bow/stern thrusters for that job

  Coming back into the marina this afternoon


  Kirk in his dinghy, we had to much stuff and bodies to fit into 1 dinghy

 On our way back to the marina 







   Poor little lobsters

and grinding, pushing us through the water.  I was in awe of that raw power.  Our boat is more like the tortoise and Kirk's would be like 2 hares.  We didn't have any strikes but maybe if I would have lasted longer the trip would have been more successful.  We had fun even coming home empty handed.  After taking a Dramamine, I helped clean the boat a little and then had a 3 hour nap with Ellie.

I'm headed for bed, me and my sunburn. Tomorrow should probably be an inside day, out of the sun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tour of the Battleship Wisconsin

Patch Day

You haven’t been around until you run aground!